WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS SINGLE MOMS
Internship caring for women facing unplanned pregnancy.
By selecting this service site, you will:
Care for mothers and children in practical ways
Engage in highly relational ministry
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT LIFEHOUSE MATERNITY HOME
Lifehouse Maternity Home is a nonprofit, residential Christian program for pregnant and parenting women and teens in crisis. They provide a safe home where women and teens in crisis can find hope and healing. Lifehouse addresses the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of pregnant and parenting women by transforming their lives through the healing touch of Christ. Their goal is to help end the cycle of abuse, neglect, generational poverty and social services dependency of pregnant and parenting women.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
Interns with Lifehouse should expect to participate in highly relational ministry as they spend most of their time in the house with the women being served. Interns will spend large portions of their days building relationships with the women living in the maternity home, serving them in practical ways such as assisting with grocery shopping or going to doctors appointments with them.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Accompany residents to appointments, such as medical, dental, and other businesses
- Babysit residents’ children during unexpected daycare closures
- Assist with planning fundraising events
- Grocery shopping with residents
- Coordinate and participate in activities with residents (crafts, board games, fitness, etc)
- Help House-Moms with resident needs and chords
- Various organization/admin tasks as needed
• Year Long Interns will have the additional opportunity to lead weekly Bible studies
• Year Long Interns will have the additional opportunity to tutor residents (high school, GED, college)
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You care deeply about caring for and meeting the needs of women facing unplanned pregnancy
- You feel confident and comfortable offering women support with daily tasks such as grocery shopping, going to appointments, etc
- You enjoy building relationships
- Spanish speaking would be a huge bonus, as some of the moms speak Spanish!
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.