WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS UNPLANNED PREGNANCY
By selecting this service site, you will:
Provide resources and training for women in need
Care for vulnerable women and children
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT BSIDEU FOR LIFE
BSideU for Life is committed to presenting the gospel in word and in deed by educating men and women facing unplanned pregnancies, responding to their needs, and protecting the lives of unborn children. They are committed to providing men and women with compassion and Christ-like care as they seek to carefully and patiently minister to those in need.
At BsideU for Life, women can receive pregnancy tests and ultrasounds, STI testing and treatment, pregnancy options counseling and post-abortion counseling, and educational and equipping resources. BsideU’s Life Skills Program equips mothers and their children to live godly and productive lives by providing biblical discipleship and by teaching practical living skills (including GED, health and wellness, personal finance, and parenting classes).
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
Interns with BSideU for Life will spend portions of their time involved with many different areas of the ministry ranging from general admin to childcare. They will assist with the Life Skills Program which provides a safe and emotionally supportive place for women to hear and experience the transformative power of the Gospel while being equipped, in very practical ways, to live productive and flourishing lives. In addition to this, there may be opportunities for qualified interns to be a part of BSideU’s Counseling Team.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Provide childcare for women coming to attend Life Skills classes
- Attend and assist with a variety of classes through the Life Skills Program (in areas such as parenting, stress and anger management, job readiness, relational wellness,Bible study, GED for qualified interns and more)
- Assist with preparing lunch for clients
- Partake in lunch and fellowship with clients
- Assist with administrative tasks across all departments
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- Passionate about ministering to women and children
- Has a servant attitude and eager to serve wherever needed
- Passion about the lives of the unborn
- Strong believer in Jesus Christ who is excited about sharing their faith with women and children
- Interested in both hands on ministry and administrative work
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.