WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS LEGAL AID
An internship where law and Christian faith intersect.
By selecting this service site, you will:
Experience the intersection of the legal field and Christian faith
Meet the felt needs of an under-resourced community
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT ACCESS JUSTICE
Access Justice seeks to bridge the justice gap with compassionate legal service that depends largely on training clients to represent themselves. They seek to serve the community through providing weekly clinics where community members are educated on their rights and trained on how to protect these rights. Clients can seek conflict coaching through Access Justice and even receive conflict mediation services. In certain cases, Access Justice is able to provide continued legal aid to clients needing help.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
Learn where the law and Christian faith intersect through this internship. Interns with Access Justice will contribute in three main ways: Outreach, Follow-Up, and Hospitality. Interns will be involved with getting the word out in the community about the services provided by Access Justice as well as connecting with community members when they call or come in for legal assistance.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Assist with the planning and execution of outreach events to promote Access Justice in the community
- Be hospitable and welcoming to people who come in or call on the phone. Listen well to their needs and connect them with the people they need to speak
- Make follow up calls to community members who attend free legal clinics in order to see if they need any further legal aid
- Help with various admin tasks as needed
• Year Long Interns will have the opportunity to be given more responsibility, largely based on experience and skill
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You are interested in an internship where you can learn how Christian faith and law connect
- You are bilingual (especially Spanish, as there are many Spanish speakers regularly seeking legal assistance!)
- You feel eager to connect with and serve a diverse population (age, race, life circumstances)
- Additional requirement: Willingness to sign statement of faith (very similar to LTN’s statement of faith
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.