WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS HOMELESSNESS
How can a Christian make a difference in the area of homelessness?
By selecting this internship, you will:
Make an impact in the homeless community
Care for vulnerable women and children
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT RE:CENTER MINISTRIES
Founded in 1881, Re:Center Ministries reconciles homeless and hurting people to God, to family, and to the community by the power of Christ in partnership with the local church. The work of Re:Center is focused on providing emergency relief and recovery to people experiencing homelessness and addiction. Emergency relief is provided through Re:Center’s Women’s Drop-In Program for women and children and through their overnight shelter for men. This particular internship will be focused on the Women’s Drop-In Program.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
Interns will assist with Re:Center’s Drop-In Program. This program provides women and young children with a safe, clean, and welcoming space to be during the day. Guests receive intentional spiritual care and can use the restroom, take showers, do their laundry, access a mailbox, store their personal belongings, and occasionally share a meal.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Build relationships with the clients who attend each day
- Lead devotionals & Bible study
- Create or lead special activities with clients
- Assist with the daily functions of the Drop-In program. I.e. Sort mail, assist with laundry and luggage services, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to assist the general work of the ministry
- Year Long Interns may have opportunities to sit in on meetings with the Case Manager and assist in duties as assigned
- Year Long Interns may occasionally manage the daily functions of the Drop-In Program
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You are highly relational, creative, nurturing, can set firm boundaries or redirect, and can stay calm in a crisis if needed
- You are comfortable in a fairly unstructured environment
- You are comfortable with all different types of people
- This is a perfect role for someone who is pursuing a career in Relational Ministry, Counseling, Social Work, Case Management, and Benevolence/Mercy Ministry
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.