WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS PODCASTING
By selecting this service site, you will:
Make an impact using journalism and media
Gather stories for the podcast
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT THE LTN PODCAST
Like a movie for your ears, every episode the Love Thy Neighborhood podcast chooses a compelling topic to wrestle with and puts together interwoven stories to explore that topic. It’s not a Bible study or a sermon. It’s a series of gripping, funny, sad and intimate stories of people grappling with what it means to follow Jesus amidst the cultural issues of our time – set to a soundtrack to immerse you. Take a nuanced dive into what it looks like to be a person of Christian faith living in the modern world.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
As a part of an internship with Love Thy Neighborhood, you will have the opportunity to practice journalism. You’ll pick a theme related to a vulnerable population and spend time serving with our non-profit partners in order to build relationships with people in the community who may have some connection with the selected theme. From there, in partnership with the LTN Podcasting team, you’ll be able to share the stories you hear through the podcast format. Additionally, you’ll be able to offer regular support, both administratively and creatively, to the LTN Podcasting team.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
• Spend time in the community connecting with people and organizations for potential stories
• Learn to pitch and develop story ideas
• Participate in table reads and script edits
• Learn the art of interviewing
• Learn how to explore the gospel within storytelling and journalism
• Execute essential administrative duties related to production and distribution
• Yearlong interns will also be given the opportunity to develop multiple stories to air on the show
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You are self-motivated and driven to find creative solutions independently
- You have a passion for hearing people’s stories and empathizing with them
- You are a strong writer and communicator
- You have an interest (or are studying) journalism, communication, media, or podcasting
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.