WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS THE ELDERLY
Care for the elderly through this internship.
Show care in practical ways for those often overlooked
Work with adults with a wide variety of healthcare needs including dementia
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT CHRISTIAN CARE COMMUNITIES
Christian Care Communities offers independent living apartments for community members who are 62+ as well as a skilled nursing center with short-term rehabilitation. They have regular Bible studies and daily activities that residents are able to participate in, ranging from service opportunities to fun activities like exercise and Monopoly. Their highly trained team of health care professionals and licensed staff are available 24 hours a day to address the care needs and concerns of their residents and patients.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
LTN Urban Missionaries interning with Christian Care Communities will spend 3 days a week caring for their elderly neighbors. Interns will be able to build relationships through planning and participating in activities like Bingo and walking club. They’ll also be able to serve in practical ways through helping residents with basic tasks such as cleaning and organizing.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Make friendly visits to folks living in the center
- Help lead games and activities like monopoly, lunch and learn, Bingo, walking club, bell choir, etc.
- Help with the “Resident Spotlight” which is a monthly write-up sharing about the life of a current resident
- Help with tasks such as organization and cleaning for residents who may need special assistance
- Assist and/or lead assigned group or one-to-one activity programs. Assist Residents to and from these programs
- Distribute monthly activity calendars to Residents
- Maintain an up-to-date daily attendance chart on each Resident, and help with other various admin tasks as needed
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You have a passion for caring for those who are often overlooked
- You have experience planning and executing community events
- You are flexible and eager to serve however you are needed
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.