WHERE THE GOSPEL MEETS THE POOR
Serve the poor through this internship.
By selecting this service site, you will:
Get hands on experience doing outreach to the homeless
Meet the felt needs of an under-resourced community
Develop your skills in a real-world environment
ABOUT EXODUS FAMILY MINISTRIES
Exodus Family Ministries seeks to guide their neighbors in Southwest Louisville out of captivity – whether it be poverty, addiction, lack of education, hunger, or other forms of oppression – by offering support, prayer, and services to address these needs.
YOUR INTERNSHIP ROLE
As an intern with Exodus Family Ministries, you will have many opportunities to serve those in need in the community. You will spend time at Exodus’ newly opened Resource Center, which provides homeless men and women with a place to do laundry and shower. You will get to be a part of meeting basic needs of the homeless, while also building relationships with them. Additionally, you may help with other ministries of Exodus including food delivery, maintaining their clothing closet, doing outreach in homeless camps, and more.
DURING THIS INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL:
- Help with the organization of Exodus Family Ministries’ food pantry and clothing closet
- Be a part of delivering food and clothing to those in need
- Participate in prayer outreach in homeless camps
- Care for the children in the community by helping with tutoring after school or throughout the summer
- Spend time building relationships and serving those in the homeless community of South Louisville
- Serve with Exodus Family Ministries’ Resource Center which seeks to provide care for the homeless in many different ways
• Year Long Interns will have additional opportunities to grow and serve.
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You desire to grow in your faith and ability to step out of your comfort zone
- You are compassionate and eager to show God’s love to those in difficult circumstances
- You are flexible and able to pivot when plans change quickly
Looking for a different type of urban missions internship?
You may also be interested in:
WHAT ELSE WILL I EXPERIENCE BY SERVING WITH LTN?
LTN is a full-immersion urban missions experience. In addition to serving 20-30 hours a week with a nonprofit, missionaries will also spend time doing neighborhood outreach as well as investing in their own personal development and growth.