WHAT IS THE NEED?
Intern for a year or a summer with our partners at BsideU for Life. This organization is committed to presenting the gospel in word and in deed by educating women facing unplanned pregnancies, responding to their needs, and protecting the lives of unborn children. They are committed to providing women with an open heart, an open mind, and an open ear to listen in order to respond to their needs.
They offer a comprehensive continuum of care: At BsideU for Life, women can receive pregnancy tests and ultrasounds, STI testing, and treatment, pregnancy options counseling and post-abortion counseling, and educational and equipping resources. BsideU’s Life Skills Program equips mothers and their children to live godly and productive lives by providing biblical discipleship and by teaching practical living skills (including GED, health and wellness, personal finance, and parenting classes). Their goal is to provide a safe and emotionally supportive place for women to hear and experience the transformative power of the Gospel while being equipped, in very practical ways, to live productive and flourishing lives.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
There are many opportunities to serve at BsideU including:
- Serving in the Pregnancy Center, where pregnant women come to receive care
- Using your skills to help with fundraising and/or graphic design
- Providing childcare for women coming to attend Life Skills classes
- Being a part of the counseling team that provides care to women in unplanned pregnancy situations as well as women seeking recovery help after receiving an abortion
- Assisting with a variety of classes through the Life Skills Program in areas such as parenting skills, GED and E-School, stress and anger management, personal fitness and wellness, job readiness, relational wellness, and spiritual development
- Shadowing and assisting BsideU’s nursing staff
- Helping with volunteer recruitment
SLOTS AVAILABLE: 13 slots