As a part of your time with Love Thy Neighborhood, spend 20-30 hours per week doing an internship with our partners at Lifehouse Maternity Home, building relationships with and serving women navigating unplanned pregnancy.
WHAT IS LIFEHOUSE?
Lifehouse Maternity Home is a nonprofit, residential Christian program for pregnant and parenting women and teens in crisis. They are a safe home where women and teens in crisis can find hope and healing.
Lifehouse addresses the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of pregnant and parenting women by transforming their lives through the healing touch of Christ. Their goal is to help end the cycle of abuse, neglect, generational poverty and social services dependency of pregnant and parenting women.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
Serving in the summer with Lifehouse might look like:
- Accompanying residents to appointments, such as medical, dental, and other businesses
- Babysitting residents children during unexpected daycare closures
- Assisting with planning fundraising events
- Grocery shopping with residents
- Coordinating and participating in activities with residents (crafts, board games, fitness, etc)
- Helping House Moms with resident needs and chords
- Various organization/admin tasks as needed
Additional opportunities for year-long interns:
- Leading weekly Bible studies
- Tutoring residents (high school, GED, college)
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You care deeply about caring for and meeting the needs of women facing unplanned pregnancy
- You feel confident and comfortable offering women support with daily tasks such as grocery shopping, going to appointments, etc
- You enjoy building relationships
- Spanish speaking would be a huge bonus, as some of the moms speak Spanish!
SLOTS AVAILABLE: 2 slots for women