As a part of your time with Love Thy Neighborhood, spend 20-30 hours per week doing an internship with our partners at Access Justice, providing legal aid to members of the community and learning how Christianity and law intersect.
WHO IS ACCESS JUSTICE?
Access Justice seeks to bridge the justice gap with compassionate legal service that depends largely on training clients to represent themselves. They seek to serve the community through providing weekly clinics where community members are educated on their rights and trained on how to protect these rights. Clients can seek conflict coaching through Access Justice and even receive conflict mediation services. In certain cases, Access Justice is able to provide continued legal aid to clients needing help.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
- Outreach: Go into the neighborhood and share with community members about the services provided by Access Justice. Talk with community members about their needs and help connect them with free resources to meet these needs.
- Follow up: Be a part of following up with clients to see if they need additional help after receiving legal advice at one of Access Justice’s clinics.
- Intake + Hospitality: Learn to listen well and practice hospitality as you receive phone calls from community members seeking advice and/or help. Help connect community members with legal professionals who will be able to provide them with the support they need.
THIS MIGHT BE GREAT FOR YOU IF…
- You are interested in how ministry and law can connect
- You are bilingual (especially Spanish, as there are many Spanish speakers regularly seeking legal assistance!)
- You feel eager to connect with and serve a diverse population (age, race, life circumstances)
- Additional requirement: Willingness to sign statement of faith (very similar to LTN’s statement of faith)
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2 positions