WHAT IS THE NEED?
Spend a summer or year with Love Thy Neighborhood, and serve the community through an internship providing healthcare for the elderly alongside our partners at Christian Health Center.
Christian Health Center offers skilled nursing services, including short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care. Their highly trained team of health care professionals and licensed staff are available 24 hours a day to address the care needs and concerns of their residents and patients. Their community provides a safe environment and easy accessibility, with many comforts of home.
Spend 20-30 hours a week building relationships and caring for the folks in the center in practical ways.
There are a lot of ways you’ll be able to serve at Christian Health Center. Tasks will likely include (but not be limited to):
- Assist and/or lead assigned group or one-to-one activity programs. Assist Residents to and from these programs.
- Report any changes in Resident behavior, safety hazards, or procedural difficulties.
- Distribute monthly activity calendars to Residents. Post calendars on designated display boards.
- Assist with an evaluation of each Resident according to their backgrounds, activity interests, abilities, physical limitations, and needs for meaningful activity programs.
- Maintain an up-to-date daily attendance chart on each Resident, and help with other various admin tasks as needed.
- Develop and display thematic/holiday decorations throughout the facility.
- Attend and participate at staff meetings, care plan meetings, in-service training programs, and other meetings as assigned.
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE: 2 opportunities for men or women