WHAT IS THE NEED?
As a part of your time with Love Thy Neighborhood, spend 20-30 hours per week serving college students in the community through a college-ministry internship with InterVarsity.
The main campus of the University of Louisville is only 1 mile from the Love Thy Neighborhood office (and from where many of our interns live during their time with us!). Serving our immediate neighborhood must also include reaching out to and building relationships with the many college students who live in the neighborhood and attend the university.
Serve this particular group through partnership with InterVarsity at the University of Louisville. The purpose of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is to establish and advance witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world.
Interns with InterVarsity will participate in a wide range of activities that may include:
- Leading a Bible study for students + preparation for study
- Tabling on campus to meet new students
- Running social media accounts + Instagram outreach
- Meetings with students one-on-one for discipleship and relationship building
- Prayer walks on campus
- Assisting in planning and putting on student events (study sessions, outreach events, hangouts, city adventures, etc.)
- Building connections to staff/faculty/departments
- Visiting a campus club or event as a community member to learn the campus culture
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT IF…
- You are self motivated — it could be easy to just blend in and coast since many of the people you’re ministering to could be very similar to you, and we do not want coasting!
- You are creative, flexible, and eager to push out of your comfort zone to reach new groups of people on campus.
SLOTS AVAILABLE: 2 slots for men or women