WHAT IS THE NEED?
Consider a year long internship with Orphan Care Alliance during your time with Love Thy Neighborhood, and provide support to families and children in our community in the foster care system.
Orphan Care Alliance (OCA) equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for parentless children and to preserve families. OCA also exists to support those families who are on the front lines of foster care. More than 50% of first-time foster families quit fostering after their first year, so OCA mobilizes and equips local churches to care for foster families to encourage retention. OCA desires to see every child have a home and know the love of a family, and to see the body of Christ leading those efforts. Within their ministry, OCA equips people for adoption and fostering, provides training on how to care for foster and adoptive families, and connects those families, churches and local businesses with the necessary resources.
THE TASK AT HAND
By partnering with OCA, you will be supporting their work in a variety of ways as they:
- Support and train existing orphan care ministries within local churches
- Equip, enable, and mobilize churches to start orphan care ministries
- Teach churches to care for their own members who are foster parents
- Teach churches to call their members to the mission of foster care
- Care for at-risk families to prevent children from being removed and placed in State foster care, including helping parents place their children in temporary guardianship with trained families
- Provide volunteer mentors for teenagers in the foster care system
SLOTS AVAILABLE: 1 slot